A comprehensive provider of non-hazardous liquid and organic waste collection, transportation, treatment and recycling services, with an industry leading record of compliance, safety and customer service, called on i2i to perform a technology refresh for their network at their corporate head quarters in Dallas TX.
Their core infrastructure is supporting over 20 locations across the United States that all operate 24x7x365. Our client was implementing a new ERP platform that required a technology refresh prior to the launch and that is where i2i came in to assist.
- Their current infrastructure was over 8 years old
- Multiple switches were daisy chained together to support added growth
- Primary backbone was at 100Mb
- No documentation was available on the environment
- Scope covered over 480 ports
- Upgraded backbone to 10Gb
- Re-mapped everything before and after
- Provided complete topology documentation upon completion of network
- Replaced all the network cords with traceable cords that allow for quick tracing of cabling ulitmately minimizing the need for labels on every cord.
- The cords work with any patch panel and network switch
- More details on the cords http://www.belden.com/docs/upload/PB382_Traceable-Bonded-Pair-Patch-Cords_FNL.pdf